Monday, May 5, 2008

MISC OBU Caring Club

I do not know what happened but apparently at my office's first annual celebration for the Kikeh Deepwater FPSO something terrible happened.

As I was downing my fried chicken (with my hands as usual) Captain Rahim made an unexpected announcement that the OBU Caring Fund would be re-established and a new elections for the President would be made.

Fair enough, I said, as we are in need of welfare, support and events to be organised. I was looking forward to a GM or at least a Manager to be appointed to head the fund. This is so as only those elite persons would be rubbing shoulders with the bosses and would stand a chance to get some grants to facilitate programmes.

Anyway Salwati suddenly nominated me and well, I won the elections! and with that I gave my inaugural speech with my right hand full of oil and chicken remnants.

I garnered 43 votes and won against second placed SM En. Razip Zain and third to SM En. Nik Abdullah Nik Ismail.

No comments: